What is Catch the Ace?
UPDATE: The Ace has been caught! Stay tuned for the round! (Oct 26th)
Catch the Ace Lottery is a Progressive Lottery.
Each week tickets are sold for the opportunity to select the Ace of Spades from a deck of 52 regular playing cards. Prior to the draw, each of the 52 playing cards were placed in envelopes and numbered 1 to 52.
When tickets are purchased, the buyer chooses an envelope number from a list of available numbers, then enters the number on their ticket.
Each week one ticket is drawn. The holder of that ticket automatically wins 20% of that week’s sales. The envelope number on the ticket is opened. If the card inside is not the Ace of Spades the card is destroyed and is no longer available for future draws. If the envelope selected is the Ace of Spades, then the lottery is finished and the ticket holder wins the weekly prize plus the progressive amount.
Each week the progressive amount grows by 30% of the weekly sales.
Each week the winner of the draw receives 20% of the weekly sales.
Get help for problem gambling by contacting Ontario Problem Gambling Hotline: 1-888-230-3505.
What does Catch the Ace support?
50% of the weekly ticket sales will go to House of Lazarus, Places for People program. This program provides affordable housing, a mentorship program and a trust fund for individuals in need in our community.
Regular draws will be held every Wednesday at 3:00pm at House of Lazarus 2245 Simms Street, Mountain ON until the Ace of Spades is found. The winner will be announced on House of Lazarus Facebook Page following each draw.
Select and Purchase your Catch the Ace Tickets
Fill out the form below to purchase your tickets online.
- You must be in Ontario when purchasing tickets online.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to play.
- Tickets cannot be purchased on behalf of a person less than 18 years of age.
Our Ace has been caught! Stay tuned for our next Catch the Ace Lottery!
Catch the Ace Rules:
- Ticket purchasers must be 18 years of age or older on the date the ticket is sold and be in Ontario at the time of purchase
- Tickets are $5.00 each.
- Tickets are only valid for the draw held during the week they were purchased (Except for start-ups).
- For in-person purchase of paper tickets, the purchaser must:
Fill in the ticket, including name, contact information and one (1) envelope number (per ticket). Enter a valid envelope number (1 to 52) from the list of available numbers on display at the sales location.
- For on-line purchase of tickets, the order form must be completed on the House of Lazarus website, when the payment has been processed, you will receive an email from House of Lazarus confirming the details of your purchase. House of Lazarus will print your contact information and envelope selection(s) onto tickets of the exact same size and weight as tickets sold in person. They will then be added to the raffle drum for the weekly draw they were purchased.The purchaser must:Enter details, including name, email, contact information and one (1) envelope number. Enter a valid envelope number (1 to 52) from the list of available numbers on display on the website.
Complete the secure payment process using a valid credit or debit card.
- Ticket holders DO NOT need to be present at the draw to win.
- The ticket purchaser is responsible for ensuring the ticket is filled out completely and legibly.
- Every Wednesday at 3:00 pm at the House of Lazarus located at 2245 Simms Road, Mountain Ontario, one ticket will be randomly drawn by a Catch the Ace Committee member from all tickets sold that week (both in-person and on-line sales). Only one ticket will be drawn each week. The envelope number shown on the ticket will be opened.
- Ticket sales in person and online will cease Tuesday at 11:59pm before the day of the draw (Wednesday). If the ace is still in play ticket sales will resume the following day (Thursday) at 6:00am.
- The winning ticket holder will win 20% of the weekly ticket sales and a chance to draw for the current Catch the Ace jackpot. The envelope number as shown on the ticket will be opened.
- If the drawn ticket does not have an envelope number or has an invalid number, the person conducting the draw will select the lowest even number envelope. In the event there is no even number envelope then the lowest uneven numbered envelope shall be selected.
- The winning ticket holder will be notified by phone and advised when and where they can claim their prize. Photo identification will be required to claim any prize. All prizes will be paid by cheque, in Canadian funds, to the person named on the winning ticket.
- If the envelope selected contains the Ace of Spades, the ticket holder receives the amount in the Catch the Ace progressive jackpot. This will conclude the series of draws for this raffle. If the envelope selected does not contain the Ace of Spades, the card will be destroyed, and the envelope number is removed from the subsequent draws.
- Distribution of weekly ticket sales revenue is as follows:
- 20% to the winning ticket holder;
- 30% will be added to the jackpot;
- 50% will go to the House of Lazarus, Places for People program.
- All draws will be video recorded to ensure raffle integrity. This includes the drawing of the ticket, selection of the envelope, opening the envelope and revealing the card, and destruction of the card.
- Members of the House of Lazarus Catch the Ace Committee are not permitted to purchase tickets. Other House of Lazarus employee’s/members may purchase tickets unless they are assisting with that week’s draw.
- Any winner who is paid a prize agrees to grant to the House of Lazarus an irrevocable right to publish, through all types of media broadcasting, including the internet, for the purposes of promoting the win, their full name, hometown and photograph without any claim for broadcasting, printing or other rights. The winner shall have no claim against the House of Lazarus for invasion of privacy or any other ground(s) by reason of the publication or broadcasting of their name, hometown or photograph.
- The winner will provide their full name, address and phone number to the House of Lazarus for reporting requirements to AGCO. The address and phone number will NOT be made public.
- Results of the draw will be posted on the House of Lazarus’s website at hol.community and on the House of Lazarus Facebook page. Once the Ace of Spades is revealed, the game is concluded, and AGCO is notified immediately.
- The raffle will be run until the Ace of Spades has been revealed.
- This raffle operates under the terms and conditions of AGCO.
- The House of Lazarus acknowledges, that as per AGCO regulations and that as the licencee, it has the final decision on the funds.